Thursday, February 12, 2009

Memories

Wow...so many tragedies close to home in the past couple weeks. The death of Karis Winter (7 years old), the sickness diagnosed to Annie Thompson, pre-mature babies born and dying, it makes a mother really think. I didn't know any of the children (except Annie), but it still brings tears to my eyes. I look at my precious baby and think of all the things I've imagined for him to do. I've imagined Adam teaching him to ride a bike, which tools are which, and how to change the oil in a car. I've been filled with excitement thinking of what his future may hold. I've spent so much time on my knees in prayer pleading to God to help me to point Noah to the cross and asking Him to work in Noah's heart even as a child. To have all those dreams stolen away from you in an instant has to be heart breaking and devastating. My prayers go out to those mothers, fathers, grandparents, siblings, and friends of those poor children.

I can't imagine what life would be like without my little boy. He lights up my life in such an unexpected way. He has already taught me more patience, compassion, and understanding. I always had a little 'goal' to write each of my kids their own little lullaby. It might sound silly, but I always wanted them to have something all their own from me. Without the tune, Noah's lullaby doesn't sound as good because it doesn't rhyme, but I'm gonna write it anyway.

"Once upon a time there was a mommy and a daddy
and they went to God and asked for blessings he could give
That's when God sent down to earth a little baby Noah
and That's when you became our Noah boy
Little Noah
Baby Noah
Mom and dad's true blessing
Mommy loves you
Daddy loves you
and you will always be our Noah boy."

My prayer is that I'll never take that precious child for granted. I pray that I'll treasure every second I have with him, even if he is testing my patience. I don't want to ignore him when he wants to tell me something or give me a hug. I pray that God won't ever let me forget what a blessing my little Noah is to me and Adam.

No comments: