Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Indiana Trip

My sincere apologies to my faithful blog followers. I did not intend on letting my blog go for nearly a month without being touched. I took all the equipment I needed to blog in Indiana, but the opportunity to do it never presented itself. All in all I had a pretty good time 'vacationing' for spring break in Indiana. Didn't turn out to be much of a vacation, but it was nice to be with family. As I previously wrote on my blog, my Aunt Jenny died on April 2. I went home for the funeral and to be with my cousins in particular. I spend nearly every day with Meaghan and we had a really great time. Noah loved being with her. He gave her kisses almost everytime she picked him up! It made me jealous... :-) I spend one day with my cousin Amy. We had a great time cleaning out her room and going through things. I really do mean we had a great time.

I went to IHC for a day with my mom and aunt. It's a bummer that halfway through the day I got really sick and ended up resting in a hotel room during the last two services and didn't get to do near the amount of socializing that I intended to do. I think Noah had a good time being pushed around in his shoulder and having person after person ahhh and oooohhhh over him. He soaks up attention like a desert soaks up water. I really wanted to go to the women of worth service too, but it was so full there wasn't anywhere that would fit a baby, me, and my mom all together. Oh, well.

My brother and I had a great time playing Mario Party after Noah went to bed a couple of nights. We used to do that when we were younger, and by younger I mean when I was still in high school...maybe beginning college. It was super fun. One day my cousin Jon came over to play with us. It was great. Meg played one day too. Don't tell her I said this, but she needs to practice....heeheehee. Love you meg!

I ate some delicious home cooked food while I was home. My mom made a wonderful Easter dinner with ham, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, green beans, baked beans, and rolls. It was amazing. I wished I could keep eating it all day. The next Sunday I ate over at my in-laws. It was delicious too! We had pork roast, green beans, potatoes, and homemade rolls. Oh and did I mention the salad? That was great too. Noah had a good time eating too.

Noah did pretty good on the flights. He was no trouble at all in take off, but landing was hard on both of us. I guess it may have been hurting his ears, but I'm not sure if that's why he was so upset, or just the simple fact that he'd been stuck in one little spot for so long and he wanted out. He's so busy, so in some ways, I almost lean toward the latter.

I regret that I didn't take many pictures. There was so much going on. I am super sad that I don't have a picture of Noah on his first Easter. I don't know what was going through my head! My aunt will be on here looking for a picture of Noah and his first time in Ohio (at IHC), but I can't find one of that either. (sorry aunt B!) All I know is that I'm looking forward to moving back up to Indiana. There will be some obstacles to overcome, but being near family will be worth it. They are what matters most. The recent family loss only proved it.

Here are a few of the pictures I did take followed by some videos. Take time to watch the videos...they're pretty cute. Be aware that they were taken from my cell phone so they may be a bit blurry. Thanks!

Playing with Grandma Jones:

Grandpa James in Noah. We were eating dinner at Garfields.



Noah cuddling with meggie. We love you meg!


Grandma James giving Noah his first bath in the big boy bath tub. Boy did he love it!






We cousins having a ball at my parents house watching movies and hanging out. Lots of fun and laughs...just in case you couldn't tell.
This is Markie and Kim


Kelly, Justin and Aaron


This video is hilarious. You have to get to the very end to see the funniest funny part. It's really cute.

Noah picking up his puff with his grabbing fingers for the very first time in his life! Well...he had done it a couple times before this but it was this exact time sitting on the floor at Grandma and Grandpa Jones' that he learned how to!


Bye Bye! Thanks for reading our blog!

No comments: